This week we talk about DashCon 2014, Black Captain America, Female Thor, Apple Doomed, Bats, and more!
This week’s word is “irrelevant”, sent to us by Jordan! Today on the show, nothing has to do with anything! Mat does terrible impressions including a skit between Ernie, Bert, and Mickey Mouse, Dan requests a frowny-face during a camping trip, Fish gets warned about her potential stalker, and Andrew slams his face into a wall and breaks his sunglasses.
Hey all, I made this tutorial to for people working on valor-anthology and decided to adapt it to tumblr because there might be people here interested in doing this for their own wallpapers.
You can access all of my templates that are mentioned above here, and, like I mentioned at the end of the tutorial, here’s how you can get more free space on dropbox if you want to do that route for distribution.
I’ve received a lot of letters from artists asking to check out their artwork and their blog, and I’ve noticed that a lot of them openly write unhealthy amounts of negative comments about their artwork, it was super depressing, honestly. :(
Confidence plays a very very important role as an artist, it’s what helps us learn and grow without the constant feeling of doubt and jealousy! You are a unique individual who must go down your own unique path, and as scary as it sounds, you can’t rely on others to hold your hand all the way through. You are the only one who can get yourself to where you need to go, and beating up your artwork is not the way! Trust yourself and your abilities to make a change, and you can do anything!!
Love your art, love yourself!
Tumblr Dashboard Image Sizes:
- Photo post: 500 by 750 pixels for dashboard view; 1280 by 1920 pixels for high-res version (except for superwide panoramas).
- Photoset: 500-pixel width for one image in a photoset row. 245-pixel width for two images in a photoset row. 160-pixel width for three images in a photoset row. Gutters are 10 pixels.
- Audio Post: 169 by 169 pixels for album art.
- Link Post: 130 by 130 pixels for the thumbnail image grabbed by Tumblr from web link (if available).
- Text Post: 125-pixel width for images added to a text post, which expand when clicked.
- Avatar: 64-by-64-pixel icon next to posts.
Omg reblogging this cuz I always forget
I asked a bunch of my favorite artists for their pet peeves regarding things they are asked to draw…these are some of the gems!
Check out what pros want from their writers. Good information.
Jenny Everywhere Day is Wednesday August 13th. That’s a month away which means that we’re in the slightly more “official” submission period.
Any artwork, stories, songs, pictures, cosplay, etc. can be sent to benj (at) jennyeverywhereday (dot) com anytime between now and midnight central time on…